Monday, March 4, 2013

I just got back from the MSLA (Massachusetts School Library Association) conference. I always enjoy this conference, because even though I'm tired at the end, I get to hear about so many interesting things that other school librarians are doing! And, even though I rarely win anything, I won three books for our school library today!

In terms of what I'm reading at the moment, I've just started "The False Prince" by Jennifer A. Nielsen (book one of a planned trilogy). It is the gripping story of a nobleman, Conner, who buys young orphans with a resemblance to a prince who was lost at sea a few years previous. The main character, Sage, is a 14-year-old orphan who doesn't even really want to be king. The dynamic between him and the other orphan boys is pretty interesting, because even though they become close through their shared experience, they are also in a very brutal competition with one another to be chosen as the false prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment