Monday, November 26, 2012

This week, I am reading "Heartbeat," by Sharon Creech.  Like her other books,"Love That Dog" and "Hate That Cat," this is a book written in verse--small poems that give snapshots of the life of the main character, 12-year-old Annie.  This is now the third book in verse by this author that I have read, and the style still feels fresh to me.  I enjoyed all of the poems, from the serious ones about Annie's grandfather losing his memory to the funny ones about her "alien" baby brother. 

I also read the French book "Bizarre, Bizarre" by Audren.  It's a cute, short chapter book about a little boy whose new teacher (from England) acts in an unorthodox way.  For homework one day, he tells the students to bring "une bizarrerie" (something strange) to class.  In a funny scene at the dinner table, Félix gets annoyed at his family for being too normal, because otherwise, he would have an easier time bringing something weird to school!  


No comments:

Post a Comment