Monday, November 5, 2012

I have always been a comic book lover, so I guess it's not surprising that I have been on a comic book kick lately.  Here are two that I read and enjoyed this past week:

When Zita finds a big red button at the bottom of a crater, her friend Joseph warns her not to push it.  Not surprisingly, she does, and suddenly, fuzzy black tentacles appear and transport Joseph to another galaxy!  Zita has no choice but to follow him, and so, she soon finds herself on a strange new planet full of aliens (I enjoyed them all, especially the angry hooded chickens!).  Zita is determined to find Joseph, and on her way, assembles a motley crew of alien friends to help her out.  This comic was full of action and unforgettable characters--I really enjoyed it.  I also liked how one of the main characters struggled between his good and evil sides, rather than just being a regular hero.



I always loved the book "A Wrinkle in Time," so I was interested to hear that there was a graphic novel version coming out.  Considering how complex of a book "Wrinkle in Time" is, I think the graphic novel did a good job of conveying the ideas as well as the emotion of the book.  I will say that it took me a little while to get used to the blue-black color scheme, but after a while, I forgot about it and just got sucked into the story again.  I don't know how someone who had never read the novel would react to this adaptation, but I thought it was well-done!

No comments:

Post a Comment