Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Monday: What are you reading?

I just finished "No Kidding About Bullying," one of the books our faculty could choose to read over the summer.  I found it an extremely inspiring as well as useful book.  The author highlights many bullying situations faced by real children.  The book is clearly written and features thought-provoking questions for students to discuss. The CD includes all of the handouts presented in the book.



On a completely different note, I just picked up Gail Carson Levine's hilarious book of false apology poems: "Forgive Me, I Meant to Do It."  All of these poems are spin-offs of the William Carlos Williams poem "This Is Just To Say."


Many of Levine's false apology poems are written from the point of view of fairy tale characters.  In my favorite one, the cow from Jack and the Beanstalk gnaws angrily at the beanstalk while a terrified Jack hangs on for dear life.

"Forgive me
I think
I'm worth
more than five magic beans"

You tell him, cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment